You are a tech-savvy digital marketer.
Your success has you ahead of countless others trying to make it in this whole online thing.
The fact that you’re looking into building a digital marketing campaign is telling. You’re bound to do great with a head on your shoulders like that!
But… you’ve got questions about digital marketing campaigns that need the right answers.
You’re in a good place because we’ve got the answers for you. Get a doc open and get ready to take notes. You’re about to growth hack your business.
Why You Need a Digital Marketing Campaign
The funnel includes four main parts:
The structure closely follows the AIDA model with some modern tweaks. It begins with someone knowing nothing about the business. They then go through a discovery and research phase, culminating in their conversion.
So, why do you need to build marketing campaign? Think of the benefits:
- Increased brand, product, and/or service awareness
- Pull in a greater data pool to make better, informed decisions
- Focus on higher-quality targeting for prospects and leads
- Get a direction and purpose for your ad/marketing efforts
- Improve nurturing and build on the customer’s lifetime value
The funnel takes the mish-mash of digital marketing and gives it structure. This means you’ll do more with your efforts. And in doing so, see a greater return because it’s targeted, measurable, and has a purpose.
Build Your First Online Marketing Funnel
The marketing funnel can go as simple or as complex as you want it to be. But, let’s keep it simple and start with something that’s beginner-friendly.
1. Define Your Goal
Your goal is usually creating a sale but it can also include:
- Getting sign-ups for a service, trail, or event
- Collecting customer information to build datasets
- Soliciting feedback for research & development
This goal is whatever is most valuable to the business. Set it in stone, and proceed to build the marketing funnel around completing this goal.
2. Build Lead Sources at the TOFU (Top of the Funnel)
The TOFU is where you’ll build awareness of the brand and its offers. This involves creating assets and kick-starting your traffic and lead generation.
Try creating traffic-generating assets via/on:
- Local citations and business directories
- Social media accounts and online profiles
- Content on the business blog and third-party platforms
- Videos, podcasts, and other multi-media formats
- Ads (native, banner, PPC, and other forms)
Get active on the major social channels like Facebook and Twitter. Then, share content from your blog and start conversations. Run ads to support outreach efforts, too. These actions begin building connections and awareness
3. Refine Your Efforts in the MOFU (Middle of the Funnel)
The MOFU (middle of the funnel) is where you’ll refine efforts.
Here, you’ll help them understand what’s out there in the markets. They are in comparison shopping mode, discovering the product and what they want.
The actions here can involve:
- Providing an incentive for personal info so you can do follow-ups
- Getting them to join in a contest or community event
- Having them submit user-generated content and feedback
The efforts are simply making your brand the best choice. You nudge them down the funnel by making it a memorable experience. They are having fun discovering what they want, with you being the teacher and/or entertainer.
4. Making the Sale at the BOFU (Bottom of the Funnel)
Conversions are the end-goal when prospects reach the bottom of the funnel.
It’s here that you’ll refine efforts using conversion optimization tools, too. Plus, you’ll begin nurturing the person to build a stronger relationship.
This is where you’ll want to:
- Provide exceptional customer service and experience
- Pitch upsell or down-sell offers post-purchase and follow-up
- Begin remarketing to catch those who may have abandoned the funnel
- Offer deals, send thank you notes, and rapport to build loyalty
And there you have it — A basic digital marketing/sales campaign for your business.
The concepts are broad, so you’ll need to fill in the specifics.
Yet, it’s all there to get the process going. Figure out what you’re offering the market, help people learn about it, and you’ll soon have them as a customer!
Get Help Building a Digital Marketing Campaign
Your competition is already underway building a digital marketing campaign. Soon, they’ll edge you out of the market as you hold off from launching your own. Don’t let them capitalize on your amazing idea and startup.
Stuck building the campaign? Need guidance? We can help you bridge the gap.
Book a marketing funnel consultation with one of our digital marketing experts today — and watch your sales climb.